Wishing everyone out there a very happy new year! I’d like to take this moment to say thank you to some folks who have been instrumental in my writing this past year. So big thanks to:
- Robin Laws, who green lit the first Reb Palache story many years ago for The New Hero
- Josh Schlossberg, for publishing “On Seas of Blood and Salt” in The Jewish Book of Horror
- Alex Hofelich and the rest of the wonderful folks at PseudoPod for publishing me – I am honored to be among their roster of authors
- David Niall Wilson and the fine folks at Crossroad Press, for picking up Ghost of a Marriage and getting set to bring it to the world in February. (Hint – now would be a great time to pre-order!)
- Jeff Strand, Mikko Rautalahti, Jesse Scoble, Rachel Zane and Laura Hickman for reading the manuscript and providing invaluable help on it, some of which I was smart enough to take.
- Bridgett Nelson for reading and editing some of my short fiction and still speaking to me afterwards
- John McIlveen, for reasons that will have to remain mysterious for now
- James A. Moore, Mur Lafferty, Maurice Broaddus, Rhianna Pratchett, Anna Megill, Annie Reid and so many more for being shining examples of the craft
- Toiya K. Finley, Richard Rouse III and Alexander Bevier for collaborating in putting on an online gathering of game writers that was good for the soul
- Susan O’Connor and Tom Abernathy, my co-conspirators in curating the Game Narrative Summit at GDC
- Walter Rotenberry and company at East Coast Game Conference for allowing me to once again curate their narrative content
- Pauline Martyn, James Charles Leary, Tom Knights, and Justin Achilli for secret things
- All the writers who agreed to let me interrogate them in Five For Writing
- And all of you for reading this
So a giant thank you to everyone for all that you did in 2021. Here’s to 2022 and happier days!